This summer is shaping up to be a busy national show season. I am so pleased to share that my work has been juried into shows literally from coast to coast. The latest acceptances include:
- The OSU 150 Space Grant Art Exhibit, Giustina Gallery at the OSU LaSells Stewart Center, Corvallis OR
- 64 Arts National Juried Exhibition, Buchanan Center for the Arts, Monmouth IL
- 82nd Annual National Exhibition of the Cooperstown Art Association, Cooperstown NY
- A-Z Art to End Alzheimer’s Annual Benefit, Milwaukie OR
- 2017 Cars, Cars, Cars, Boomerang Gallery, Vancouver WA
- 2017 Contemporary Abstraction, CORE New Art Space, Denver CO
- 15th Annual Juried Exhibition, Art Source Gallery, Boise ID
- Art of the Garden, Schack Art Center, Everett WA
- Art of Our Century, Woodbury Art Museum, Orem UT
- Future Tellers, Gallery 114, Portland OR
- Fire on the Water: The Dragonboat Show, juried group show, Portland’5 Center for the Performing Arts, Portland OR
Huge thanks to my husband for his invaluable work photographing the art, then tracking the myriad details of calls for art and show applications, and then handling the logistics of packing and shipping and/or delivering the artwork on schedule. These out of state opportunities would not be happening without his help and support.
Spring is finally beginning to pop here, and my paintings have picked up some of that wonderful saturated color! “After the Rain” just makes my heart sing. It is currently featured at Catherine Bede Gallery in Hillsboro, Oregon. Painted in acrylic, it measures 36×48 inches. $950.
Spring has been super busy and summer is shaping up the same way. I just updated both the shows and classes pages to reflect
all much of the action. Biggest news this month is the NEW Catherine Bede Gallery is opening in downtown Hillsboro and includes some of my art. Grand Opening is June 7 during the Downtown Hillsboro Art Walk. 230 E Main Suite W — look for the entryway between the Artful Garden and the Diversity Café. Details about current shows .
I will be hopping back and forth between that and the opening reception for the Green Cab artists group show, Motif: Patterns Made and Found June 7th at the Community Center on SE 8th Avenue. Sure wish I could figure out how to be in two places at the same time.
Also I have two great events SOON. A Paint and Sip evening (21+) on June 10th and a super fun afternoon workshop on mini-collage making open to teens and adults on June 14th. Details can be found on the Classes page. Either one (or both!) would be great with friends, and there is plenty of space. To register, call the Center at 503 615 1090 now and they will sign you right up.
Without my calendar book I would be totally lost in the blur of shows and sales and classes and events. Suddenly discovered the current book stops at the end of June. So I ordered a new one. Is that a sign? You tell me. 🙂