You are invited! Come visit my studio this October 17 & 18, 2015 and see where/how the
sausage art gets made … and the magic happens. The tour map and directions are included with my artist directory listing at Barbara Martin Artist Washington County Open Studio… With over 40 artists and galleries participating the tour should be fantastic this year!
Artists who participate in the tour are supposed to offer demonstrations. I’ll be mixing it up this time by working in my typical fashion which involves: noodling about, lots of coffee breaks and yard wandering, visits to the pond and bottle garden, and occasionally some deeply focused art making in a frenzy of creativity.
Depending on the weather and my mood and any special requests, I may be demonstrating one, some or all of the following:
- encaustic aka painting with HOT WAX and a torch or heat gun
- acrylic painting on a BIG CANVAS
- collaging with fussy cut little paper bits and ephemera
- slinging alcohol inks at Yupo
- attempting assemblage of a found-glass -sculpture-tower which involves scary-to-me power tools and truly may or may not work out
Or whatever is “hot” on my brain that day. I am process oriented with my art. I love to play around, try stuff, have fun and experiment — and sometimes make some nice looking art! I’d love to have you join me in the studio on the tour!
Mark your calendar for the third weekend in October, the 17th and 18th, 2015. Hours are 11-5. Hope you can swing by. It’s gonna be great!
ps Yes, there will be chocolate involved.